The primary goal of the Stephen F. Austin State University STEM Research and Learning Center is to increase the number of students who are interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, and who are academically prepared to enter STEM careers.
Center objectives include:
- Research and Evaluation: Contribute to the knowledge/research base within STEM education.
- Program Design: Increase the number of students who choose STEM career pathways (P – 12 teaching, business/industry, graduate school) by strengthening post-secondary undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Curriculum and Alignment: Align content standards P – 16 and develop curricula to ensure STEM proficiency.
- Professional Development: Aligned with interdisciplinary, project-based curricular modules, develop professional development institutes based on current research and best practices to strengthen existing district curriculum in STEM content areas.
- Outreach and Recruitment: Increase the number of students interested in STEM careers by expanding outreach activities for students and parents, including STEM camps, competitions, and dual credit opportunities.
SFASU STEM Research & Learning Center
P.O. Box 6070 SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-6070
First floor of Mathematics Building, Room 103, number 47 on the campus map.
Office: (936) 468-5814
Fax: (936) 468-8204